Welcome to The Written Word Autographs
We will be offering nearly 1,000 authentic autographs during our live auction on Thursday February 12th 2015. Material being sold is from all categories and includes, letters, signed books, checks, stocks, signed photographs and other paper and ephemera. All autographs are unconditionally guaranteed to be authentic.
You may purchase any lot being auctioned EARLY and end the auction for that item. You must agree to pay the high estimate plus the buyer premium and there can be no earlier bids on the lot. Call or email if you wish to exercise this option.
The majority of lots carry a reserve, but be assured, in no instance is the reserve price higher than the low estimate assigned to each lot.
You may leave a bid here on our website or register and participate at Invaluable.com
Click Here To View Lots & Bid
Click Here To View Prices Realized
Please review our catalog – if you are a serious collector you will certainly find items to add to your collection. Here are a few of the items we will be selling:
415. Orville Wright and Clarence Chamberlain (1893-1976) Aviators. Air Mail postal cover, cancelled on December 17, 1928, “From The Cleveland Airport…in Commemoration of the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the First Successful Airplane Flight,” signed by both aviators.
$1,000 to $1,800
73. Salvador Dali (1904-1989) Spanish painter. Dali is considered the greatest artist of the surrealist art movement and one of the greatest masters of art of the twentieth century. 5” x 7” black and white photograph of Dali and his biographer, Robert Descharnes, signed
$500 to $800
213. Massachusetts Signer: John Hancock (1737-1793) Patriot. 9” x 4 ½” partially printed document signed in the text and entirely completed in his hand. The document is a Bill of Lading for the ship Taoli under the command of James Hall bound for London, December 31, 1770.
$1,600 to $3,000
661. Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011) Actress. 10” x 8” black and white, matte finish photograph signed.
$350 to $500
250. Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) 26 th President. 13” x 17” (exposed) print of an etching of T.R. by Otto Schneider, signed “Inscribed for Orville J. Taylor Jr. with the best wishes of Theodore Roosevelt Nov 4 th 1916”. Matted and framed to 22 ¼” x 25¾”.
$2,000 to $3,500
100. Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Spanish artist. 8” x 11” print from the Suite, depicting. Picasso's mistress, Marie-Thérèse Walter as a model lying in the arms of a bearded sculptor, signed in pencil, and matted and framed to 20” x 18 ½”.
$ 6,000 to $10,000
183. John F. Kennedy Assassination: Lee Harvey Oswald (1939-1963) Assassin. 6 ¼” x 4 ½” envelope addressed and signed, November, 1961, addressed to his mother “U. S. A. Vernon, Texas Box 782 Mrs. M. Oswald “, he has signed his name in Russian, together with his return address in Minsk “CCCP.” The envelope bears four Russian stamps with Minsk postal markings.
$2,800 to $3,500
878. Babe Ruth (1895-1948) and Connie Mack (1862-1956). Official American League baseball (William Harridge) signed by both, Mack on the “sweet spot” and Ruth on the side panel.
$5,000 to $7,500
224. Anthony “Mad Anthony” Wayne (1745-1796) General. 7 ½” x 4 ½” requisition signed, September 21, 1795, signed by “Col. Kirkpatrick” and “R. Allison”. “…Please to furnish two Barrels of Whiskey for the use of the Hospital….” Matted with an image and framed to 14” x 19 ½”.
$1,800 to $2,500
690. The Beatles : John Lennon (1940-1980) British singer, songwriter. 13 ½” x 9” photograph folder containing an unpublished 6 ¼” x 8 ¼”matte finish photograph of Lemmon, circa 1964. On the side facing the photograph he has signed, “To Angela, Love John Lennon.”
$2,800 to $4,200
Please review our Terms of Sale where you will find our
unconditional guarantee of autograph authenticity.